DEPARTMENT: Gas Measurement
LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA
- Monitor live data from company production facilities and measurement/regulation stations, as well as pipelines and compressor stations of our associated midstream company.
- Recognize and respond to situational data, plus abnormal or emergency conditions, that has impacts on field operations.
- Ensure safe, reliable, efficient oversight of production and pipeline facilities in the field in accordance with company policies, operational plans and regulatory requirements.
- Actively interact with field operating personnel via telephone and radio to achieve operating goals and assure employee and public safety.
- Interact with other pipeline companies and regional management and marketing staff to communicate real-time operating conditions and achieve targeted gas volume deliveries.
- Communicate with Emergency Response Agencies as required to support our field operations.
- Prepare various reports for distribution to regional management.
- Answer and respond to incoming telephone and radio calls to the Gas Control Center.
- Perform shift work including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Participate in field visits / training to gain system knowledge.
- Assist management with various projects as assigned.
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum Experience: 2 years of work experience; Oil and Gas experience preferred; Control Room experience preferred
- Must be able to work the following shift schedule: 12-hour shifts, rotating days and nights every two weeks.
- Strong communication skills
- Must have MS Office products experience; Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Applicant will be subject to random drug and alcohol screening.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Familiarity of Scada Systems a must / Cygnet experience is a plus.