LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA
JOB FUNCTIONS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
• Coordinate and supervise the 24 hour operations of the Pittsburgh Gas Control staff and their responsibilities.
• Assist in the implementation and development of practices and procedures to ensure safe, reliable, and efficient monitoring of the upstream system.
• Ensure the generation and accuracy of daily, weekly and monthly: gas delivery reports, downtime reports, work logs and the timely distribution to all stakeholders.
• Collaborate and coordinate enhancements and implementations to the SCADA system.
• Evaluate and update Gas Control associated functions for emergency response and back-up contingency plans.
• Ensure the execution of plans and schedules to accomplish regional and E&P goals.
• Assists in the troubleshooting of: SCADA, communications and electronic measurement systems issues, as well as issues with various operating tools used by the Control Room.
• Interface with Gas Marketing, maintain collaborative and cross-functional working relationships with members of the department, district office and field employees.
• Effectively communicate Control Room plans & activities to various stakeholders, both internal and external.
• Build & maintain favorable relations with all internal and external contacts.
• Responsible for maintaining shift work schedules and coordinating time-off for the Gas Control operations.
• Assist in the selection and training of qualified personnel for Gas Controller positions.
• Recommend & implement initiatives to improve business processes.
• Coordinate communications between the Midstream and Cabot’s Control Rooms.
• Review and critique the accuracy of the written communication log system in Gas Control.
• Conduct & coordinate employee performance evaluations and personnel development.
• High School diploma or equivalent; bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 3+ years prior control center experience in the pipeline or natural gas industry
• Previous supervisory experience preferred.
• Ability to use PC including Microsoft Office applications and to learn company specific applications.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must be a team player with good organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Valid driver license.