Joint Interest Accounting
- Monitor JIB close cycle, including inputs from A/P and Inventory close, field allocations, labor distribution and cutback process.
- Monitor and verify accuracy of payout accounting function.
- Ensure proper calculation and application of overhead charges, including Producing Overhead and Drilling Overhead.
- Maintain and monitor the use of “JIBLink/EnergyLink” or other electronic data exchange tools used to streamline accounting for outside operated and other activity.
- Monitor and ensure proper accounting for inventory/controllable materials.
Accounts Payable and General Accounting
- Work with and provide direction to A/P team and other staff including evaluation of performance, meeting goals and other personnel matters.
- Maintain certain elements and tables within the A/P workflow solution (“Open Invoice”) to ensure accuracy and efficiencies within the system.
- Review daily drilling reports, well announcements, connect notices and other operational reports for the purpose of extracting information needed to properly account for new wells.
- Perform certain SOX controls to ensure company compliance.
- Respond to and ensure compliance with audits; including internal audits, Joint Interest audits and external financial audits.
- Perform various forms of analyses in response to ad hoc inquiries and routine periodic reporting.