LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA
- Supervises the work of the GIS analysts and provides technical guidance and training as necessary regarding all activities associated with implementation, operation, and enhancement of GIS technology.
- Prepares, provides and updates maps and data sets.
- Explains the objective of projects and work to be performed to accomplish projects to the GIS Team.
- Coordinates and monitors contracts with GIS software, data conversion, and other providers of GIS products and services.
- Analyze and maintain GIS applications and databases including structure, disk storage needs and equipment, making recommendations to IS, when needed.
- Establishes procedures to eliminate redundant processes, determine and maintain appropriate levels of accuracy within GIS databases.
- Provides oversight on activities associated with implementing, operating and enhancing GIS technology.
- Assist staff as necessary to ensure that cartographic products are high quality.
- Coordinates project assignments to the GIS analysts based on abilities and experience.
- Participate in internal staff management processes such as performance reviews, supervisory meetings, etc.
- Estimate time and cost for work.
- Responsible for publishing and administering ArcGIS web mapping solutions (ArcServer and Portal for ArcGIS).
- Facilitate cross-departmental meetings to discuss relevant GIS topics.
- Independently and cooperatively solves problems and develops alternatives with projects/data when required.
- Able to fulfill all duties of GIS Analyst I and GIS Analyst II positions.
- Identify and develop new opportunities to use GIS throughout the organization.
- Bachelors Degree (BS) or equivalent from a four-year college, or 5 plus years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid understanding of cartography, map projections, and coordinate systems.
- Works well with multiple tasks and various interruptions.
- Proficient Skills using Microsoft Excel/Access, ArcGIS including extensions (Network Analyst, 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst).
- Experience with ArcServer, ArcSDE, and Portal for ArcGIS
- Experience in Survey123, Collector, or TerraSync.
- Experienced with Python, Model Builder, and SQL.
- Experience capturing, converting, creating, editing, manipulating and maintaining digital information in a GIS environment.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information Sciences or Geodetic Engineering.
- GISP Certification
- Fundamental oil and gas industry experience and knowledge.