LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA
1. Create map layouts and views, perform spatial analysis, and generate reports for end users.
2. Catalog and inventory GIS data, including metadata creation.
3. Create geoprocessing tasks or write scripts to automate processes.
4. Manipulate GIS data to create information products to meet discipline specific needs.
5. Meet with end user to conduct needs assessments, document process flows, and gather products requirements
6. Coordinate the acquisition of new spatial data and supervise the integration of these data into the organization’s GIS.
7. Perform GIS data quality control, including reviewing data for completeness and accuracy. Identifying and correct errors or omissions in the data.
8. Input, update and maintain GIS data.
9. Perform edits to geospatial data in a multiuser editing environment while maintaining proper data quality and integrity.
10. Coordinate the resolution of data quality issues.
11. Generation of maps and reports that draw data from proprietary and non-proprietary sources.
12. Coordination, maintenance, and analysis of multiple data-types for entry into Enterprise-level databases.
13. Provide geospatial data support throughout the company by working to increase GIS competency among both non-GIS users and GIS users across multiple disciplines: Land, Geology, Regulatory, Operations, etc.
14. Perform other GIS and data-related tasks under the direction of GIS Team lead.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, Computer Science, or Information Technology.
• At least three years of experience editing GIS data in an enterprise versioned environment, producing maps, and performing spatial analysis, Oil & Gas industry is preferable.
• At least two years of experience working with Esri-based GIS applications.
• Experience with SQL and Python.
• Familiarity with ArcSDE, ArcGIS server, and/or Portal for ArcGIS.
• Experience with Microsoft Access, SQL Server or Oracle and understanding of relational database concepts.
• Knowledge of GPS technology and mobile GIS solutions.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision yet multi-task and prioritize work across a number of projects and initiatives.
• Valid driver’s license.