DEPARTMENT: Gas Measurement
LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA
- Monitor and control natural gas flow rates and pressures at various company production facilities, pipelines, measurement/regulation stations and compressor stations.
- Recognize and respond to abnormal or emergency conditions in our field operations.
- Assure safe, reliable, efficient oversight of production and pipeline facilities in the field in accordance with company policies, operational plans and regulatory requirements.
- Actively interact with field operating personnel via telephone and radio to achieve operating goals and assure employee and public safety.
- Interact with other pipeline companies and regional management and marketing staff to communicate real-time operating conditions and achieve targeted gas volume deliveries.
- Communicate with Emergency Response Agencies as required to support our field operations.
- Prepare various reports for distribution to regional management.
- Answer and respond to incoming telephone and radio calls to the Gas Control Center.
- Perform shift work including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be a high school graduate. College is a plus.
- Must have 2 years of work experience. Oil & Gas experience preferred.
- Must be available to work any 12 hr shift rotations, day and night/weekends.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must have MS Office products experience; Excel, Word, Outlook, Access OneNote.
- Applicant will be subject to random drug and alcohol screening.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Familiarity with Cygnet SCADA a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft query applications such as Access and SQL query builder preferred.