LOCATION: Susquehanna, PA
- Provide routine, daily supervision and be responsible for all safety, environmental and workplace health programs and initiatives for all Cabot North Region drilling operations.
- Promote continual improvement in worker safety
- Develop training opportunities to improve employee/worker awareness of site conditions
- Identify and implement corrective actions for deficient conditions
- Perform and be responsible for thorough and meaningful root cause investigations
- Liaise with contractors/vendors to insure all appropriate and necessary safety & training requirements are in force prior to engaging in operations on Cabot’s sites.
- Work with and utilize Well Site Supervisors to improve site safety through coordinated effort
- Identify ways to improve environmental performance and reduce emissions, spills, leaks
- Provide technical assistance in monitoring and mitigation efforts for stray gas
- Assume responsibility for calibration and maintenance of gas meters and detectors.
- Assume responsibility for appropriate emergency response equipment trailers and maintain inventory for likely spills & first aid conditions
- Coordinate with and inform Cabot’s overarching regulatory group of drilling initiatives, root cause investigations, and environmental compliance issues and initiatives
- Regularly prepare and present periodic reviews of EHS metrics for the drilling group. Assume responsibility for statistical tracking as an aid in planning future initiatives.
- Bachelor Degree. Environmental, Engineering, Safety Science preferred
- 5+ years of work experience in a drilling activity environment with heavy equipment, drilling rigs, PPE preferred
- Working knowledge of waste management regulations, including proficiency with compliance audits
- Working knowledge of oil and gas regulations preferred
- Well Control training preferred
- Ability to solve problems and to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of computers and Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint