LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA
• Coordinate activities relating to AP function including coding, approvals, posting invoices and employee expense statements.
• Organize incoming invoices and statements; log expenditures; post to ledger books; input and retrieve data on the computer terminal and process invoices.
• Verify vendor data; correct payment/discount terms and prices and input material transfer information into inventory tracking system.
• Create vendor information on computer terminal system; encode data for government reporting; verify enclosure and remittance.
• Communicate verbally or in writing with vendors and Cabot personnel regarding missing documents, change orders or pricing, account charges, standing order balances, encumbrances, and procedures.
• Verify vendor statements; trace missing invoices and payments; compile data for reports; compose and type letters.
• Work closely with departments to insure proper codes on packing slips and invoices.
• Willingness to attend orientations, training sessions, educational classes or other courses of instruction as requested.
• Performance of other related or reasonable duties as requested.
• High school diploma or equivalent, exposure to college coursework involving accounting or data processing would be plus.
• 2+ years of applicable accounting, accounts payable clerical work experience.
• Experience in oil & gas and familiarity with oil & gas terminology a plus.
• Excellent accounting, bookkeeping and pays attention to detail.
• Must be able to handle multiple duties and be able to prioritize workload
• Must be PC proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access); exposure to Oracle a plus.